Tuesday, June 17, 2008

June 17, 2008

I have a philosophy which indicates when to go, how, why and where. I will say, "I am hot for _____." If I have the five essentials, Go!

"I" stands for interest. Fourteen people have shown interest today in ancient Mexico, shopping, drinking Margaritas and Tequila, resting, walking and dancing.

"M" stands for money. We all needed a bunch of it to get here and volunteer with Global Volunteers, some of which goes into the economy of the community and country and some to satisfy our wants and needs.

"H" is for health.
Physical- No one has succumbed to illness yet although we lost two volunteers before we even started.
Spiritual- We need to know why we are doing this.
Mental- I think we all still have that!
Social- We´ve gotten along fairly well so far.
Emotional- There´s nothing we have not been able to work through.

"O" is for opportunity. We have been taking advantage of our opportunity to teach English to University students in groups of 1-6 for four hours a day.

"T" is for time. We have spent our time building positive relationships with students and faculty, having an adventure through service and seeking peace through understanding.

This time "I´m hot" for Mexico. I M H O T. Having those five, I hope I and my colleagues will make a difference in Mexico through our travels.


Thoughts for the Day:

The first is from Helen Keller:
Many persons have a wrong idea of what constitutes true happiness. It is not attained through self-gratification but through fidelity to a worthy purpose.

The second is an old Chinese proverb:
If you want happiness for an hour, take a nap.
If you want happiness for a day, go fishing.
If you want happiness for a year, inherit a fortune.
If you want happiness for a lifetime, help somebody.

0 comments: